The North Central Regional Center for Rural Development is accepting applications for membership on the inaugural NCRCRD stakeholder advisory committee that represents various backgrounds and expertise to provide input to the NCRCRD Board of Directors and staff and to ensure that NCRCRD meets the needs of the North Central Region. The NCRCRD seeks five Land Grant University (1862, 1890, and 1994) faculty or staff with research and/or Extension experience related to any of these three interconnected systems: communities, businesses, and households within our three focus areas: creating resilient communities and economies, developing leadership and civic engagement, and promoting community health and wellness (see figure below).
The NCRCRD Advisory Committee advises the NCRCRD staff in the development of priority goals and strategies for the Center. The committee provides a critical link with NCRCRD stakeholders seeks suggestions related to rural stakeholders needs from land-grant faculty and staff and rural stakeholders. The committee reviews the proposed direction, initiatives, and activities of the Center and provides feedback to NCRCRD staff. The NCRCRD Board provides final approval of Center goals and strategies presented by the co-Directors and recommended by the advisory committee. Members serve a three-year term. For example, responsibilities include:
- Attending bi-annual meetings (in-person meeting expenses will be paid by the Center)
- Providing advice and expertise that enhances the proposed NCR panel dataset
- Suggesting potential focus areas for multistate working groups
- Reviewing multistate working group proposals for recommendation to the Board
- Reviewing small grant proposals for recommendation to the Board